Eurelectric warmly welcomes the Commission’s decision to consult stakeholders in a dedicated webinar on 26th April and is pleased to share the views of the European power sector regarding the recent Communication “Security of supply and affordable energy prices: Options for immediate measures and preparing for next winter”.
In addition to our intervention in the webinar, please find below our input on a written basis to the proposed guiding questions.
- To what extent do the short-term options listed above contribute to reducing gas prices and their impact on electricity markets?
- Which options provide direct relief to end-consumers and companies?
- Which options are best aligned with the EU’s decarbonisation objectives?
- Which options are least costly? Who, in your view, should bear the costs?
- Which options best avoid risks for security of supply?
- Which options best avoid distortions in the internal energy market?
- Which options help to reduce the EU’s dependence on imported fossil fuels?